Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1 birth = 2 copays?

Read my birth story for more detail, but the gist is I was admitted for a scheduled C-section that never happened. I was in the Hospital for approximately 3 hours. Turns out that they billed it as an 'inpatient stay' and I owe $500 as a copay.
Then of course, I owe another $500 for the actual birth that happened 2 1/2 weeks later.
Seriously, NWH? Inpatient stay? I hope you do better when you re-submit that claim because otherwise I will have to bore my readers with a much longer rant about everything that is wrong with the healthcare system. Oh, and BCBS, you might consider that I saved you megabucks by having a VBAC. You're welcome, and thanks for not budging on that copay.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will take a minute to stop by my blog and check things out. I have started a group for bloggers who live in New England. The only obligation is to post our button.
    http://ebogie.blogspot.com
    Found you through your profile location.

    ReplyDelete