Saturday, March 7, 2009

Salmon and Spinach over Gnocchi

This is a very very quick weekday dinner - and it's fancy enough to hide its healthfulness. Frozen ingredients are key - I buy my frozen pesticide-free spinach and my wild-caught salmon at Trader Joe's.
Ingredients:
1 large salmon fillet
1 bag frozen spinach
1 onion
1 cup cream or {milk and some flour}
1 clove garlic
1 package of gnocchi (little potato dumpling)
1/2 cup white wine.

Directions:
Start a pot of water on the stove and proceed to cook gnocchi according to directions. Do NOT overcook them. They only take 2-3 minutes.
Sautee onion and garlic until translucent. Add frozen spinach and cream, cook until it's all hot and bubbly. You could add sour cream or cream cheese if you had any on hand. Add the wine.
Cut the salmon in 1 in cubes. Put the cubes on top of the other stuff in the pan, don't stir. Cover pan with glass lid and cook on medium heat until fish is done.

3 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I already have some gnocchi to use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally don't like to have my different foods touching, but this sounds really scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this for dinner and it was delicious. I finished by scattering over parmesan and breadcrumbs and sticking it in the oven for about 15 mins. Yum. Thought the least I could do was say thankyou!

    ReplyDelete